Reduce Your Use of Plastic With Cloth Bags
Whether you’re on a mission to reduce your use of plastic, shop ethical or just wanting try out an urban style, cloth bags are ideal. Cloth bags have skyrocketed in popularity and it’s easy to see why. They are both a stylish and useful accessory that can be used for a variety of reasons.
At Fferal, we love using cloth bags ourselves, which is why we’ve worked hard to create an ethical, functional and attractive selection of cloth bags for adults and children alike. If you’re interested in learning more about cloth bags and how they can reduce your use of plastic, keep on reading!
We’ve compiled some useful information about cloth bags to help households across the UK realise the positive impact of shopping ethically. We’ve also highlighted the wide range of benefits and uses of cloth bags to help you on your ethical journey.
What are They Made of?
The beauty of cloth bags is that they are exactly what they say they are! Our range of cloth pack bags are made ethically in Portugal and are made from 100% cotton. The cotton used in these bags is sustainably sourced to ensure these bags are ethical from the get-go.
Some popular types of bags available on the market today contain a huge range of different materials, not all of them ethical or sustainable. For example, the common backpack can contain anything from:
- PVC fabric
Materials such as nylon actually have a huge, negative impact on the environment. Nylon is a synthetic, man-made material derived from petrochemicals (a thermoplastic which is used excessively in the fashion industry).
The production of nylon results in the release of nitrous oxide, a greenhouse gas that has a significant contribution to global warming. If you’re looking to shop ethical, we recommend cloth bags over any other type of bag.
Benefits of Cloth Bags
Cloth bags come with a whole host of enjoyable and practical benefits. Who would've thought these simple, ethical and sustainable bags could have such a positive impact on our lives and the environment?
Some of the most common and useful benefits of cloth or cotton bags include:
- Reusable - of course, one of the best benefits of cloth bags is that they are reusable. Forget buying a new plastic bag each time you go to the supermarket! Cloth bags can be reused time and time again for all kinds of uses.
- Strong - cloth bags are very strong and durable. If you’ve got a hefty shop to pack in the car or you want to use a cloth bag as a school bag to carry your project folders, cloth bags can handle this weight no problem.
- Environmentally friendly - as we’ve already outlined, cloth bags are incredibly environmentally friendly. Starting off from ethical cotton farms and being produced with the environment in mind, cloth bags are the perfect solution to help you shop ethically.
- Require little maintenance - when you use the same bag every day, it can take some wear and tear. However, cloth bags require very little maintenance to keep them in good condition. Simply pop them in the wash with your other loads and they’ll come out looking and smelling as fresh as when you first got them.
With so many benefits associated with using cloth bags in your day to day life, why not start your ethical shopping mission with some cloth bags?
What can They be Used for?
These versatile bags can be used for a wide range of uses. For example, they can be an effective solution to store your fresh and organic veg! Other common uses of cloth bags include:
- Travel bag - perfect for short breaks or for staying over at a friends house
- Keeping underwear and loungewear clean and pristine - delicates are kept separate
- Campout bag - nifty for carrying essential items like torches!
- Toiletry bag - ideal for keeping toiletries organised and out of sight
- School bag - great for carrying essential school items including stationery
- Sports bag - offering an easy way to bring your sports kit to school or the gym
Essentially, cloth bags can be whatever you want them to be! Our cotton pack bags come complete with a drawstring, making them the perfect organisation or storage bag for a wide range of common household items.
How can They Reduce Plastic Use?
The most important factor of cloth bags is that they can drastically cut down your plastic use. If you regularly head to standard supermarkets to complete your weekly shop, it becomes all too easy to buy an excessive amount of plastic bags. When you end up with lots of plastic bags clogging up your pantry, you’ll more than likely end up throwing them away.
However, cloth bags are the perfect shopping bag and can directly replace plastic shopping bags. If you’re conscious of your use of plastic bags each time you go to the shops, try using cloth bags instead.
Plastic bags can take anywhere from 15 to 1,000 years to break down, depending on the environment they are ket in such as landfill. This process causes the release of tiny, toxic particles. If plastic bags end up in the sea, they can have a drastic, negative impact on our wildlife.
Cloth bags, however, provide an ethical and sustainable solution to this problem. Once you buy just one cotton bag, you can start cutting down on your overall use of plastic from the get-go.
Wave Goodbye to Plastic Bags Today!
If you’re wanting to shop ethical and reduce your use of plastic and plastic shopping bags, check out our range of cloth bags today! Consisting of a choice of designs for children and adults alike, these bags are ethically produced, sustainable and offer a long-term plastic-free solution.
If you have any further questions about our range of cloth bags or any other clothing items we have on our website, please feel free to get in touch. We'll be able to provide you with all the information you need to put your mind at ease and help you find the right ethical product.